Over the past decade or so, roller brake testers have truly taken off in popularity. They are considered the most accurate brake testers, and modern roller brake testers have many exciting features that allow workshop owners to give their clients a comprehensive brake testing experience.
Did You Know
Did you know that in New Zealand’s heavy vehicle industry, some testers aren’t allowed to be used when testing heavy vehicles and that accelerometers are used only in exceptions? Cars may have the same standards applied at some stage, making roller brake testers a great investment for your workshop.
Top Facts About Roller Brake Testers
At MAHA Premium Workshop Equipment, we supply high-quality roller brake testers and are very well-versed in this type of machinery. Are you looking at investing in roller brake testers for your workshop? Here are some things you should know:
- The testing speed is always consistent when testing brakes with a roller brake tester, this provides truly accurate repeatable readings.
- When using roller brake testing, the weight of the axle is also always consistent. Dynamic weight recording is used.
- In New Zealand, pedal force isn’t measured. This is because the brake test stops working when wheels lose traction and are locked in place.
- When it comes to placement, the vehicle being tested isn’t always placed in the centre, so it doesn’t affect the weight readings. It is not important that placement is accurate so that the brake force readings are always accurate.
- The skid of the tyre is measured with roller brake testing in the form of an adjustable slip percentage to avoid tire wear or mismatched readings.
- It should always be possible to lock the brakes if everything is in working order but this is not necessary to achieve brake force results.
- One of the biggest factors in roller brake testers efficiency are the fitted weight sensors and load simulation capability. They are able to provide trustworthy brake efficiency results.
Looking to purchase a roller brake tester in New Zealand? Here at MAHA Premium Workshop Equipment, we offer high-quality roller brake testers in NZ. Get in touch with us today to find out more about our brake testing options.